Liz Izmailova is a Ukrainian New Zealander that has been working in blockchain for the past five years, she is a marketing manager at CENNZnet which is part of the Centrality ecosystem.
In this conversation we talk about:
- Financial Inclusion and the monetary situation in Ukraine, both before the war and presently.
- Ukraine has been ranked 4th in global per capita crypto adoption by Chainalysis and are likely the first to have a government directly accept crypto donations and provide transparency on where those donations are going.
- We cover a lot in the crypto-donation space in general, and some local New Zealand based projects.
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:06 Ukrainian background, financial independence and entrepreneurship at an early age, coming to New Zealand
- 05:20 Financial privilege in the West
- 10:45 Crypto donations and the currency situation in Ukraine
- 16:07 New crypto legislation in Ukraine
- 20:04 War donation transparency
- 24:02 FlufWorld F*ck the War campaign & Universe.xyz
- 29:29 How are NFTs helping?
- 33:40 Crypto & NFTs for gen-Z'ers
- 36:35 Crypto friendly New Zealand charities
- 40:15 How can BCNZ help with education?
- 42:25 Rapid fire
- 44:37 fin
Some notes from the show:
- Letter criticizing financial innovation https://concerned.tech/
- Rebuttal for financial inclusion https://www.financialinclusion.tech/
- Ukrainian Government crypto donation https://donate.thedigital.gov.ua/
- Ukrainian Government Bitcoin address visible in a block explorer: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/357a3So9CbsNfBBgFYACGvxxS6tMaDoa1P
- National Bank of Ukraine partners with FTX https://www.coindesk.com/policy/2022/03/14/ukraine-partners-with-ftx-everstake-to-launch-new-crypto-donation-website/
- USD $100m raised so far https://www.coindesk.com/business/2022/03/09/ukraine-has-received-close-to-100-million-in-crypto-donations/
- Ukraine legalises Bitcoin https://www.euronews.com/next/2022/03/17/ukraine-war-zelenskyy-signs-a-new-law-officially-legalising-bitcoin-and-other-cryptos
- $411k raised and donated to Ukraine by Auckland based FLUF & NonFungible Labs: https://luckytrader.com/nft/fluf-world/news/fluf-world-finalizes-400000-donation-to-ukraine
- Michael Chobanian, president of the Blockchain Association of Ukraine https://www.theverge.com/23138465/decoder-ukraine-war-cryptocurrency-michael-chobanian-interview-bitcoin-usdt
- Charitable Donations with cryptocurrency
- UNICEF https://www.unicef.org.nz/donate-in-crypto
- Childfund https://childfund.org.nz/pages/donate-your-cryptocurrency-to-childfund
- Savethechildren https://www.savethechildren.org/us/ways-to-help/ways-to-give/ways-to-help/cryptocurrency-donation
Heart Kids via the Giving Block https://thegivingblock.com/donate/heart-kids-nz/
- Ukrainian NFT projects
- Ukraine DAO’s Flag NFT Sells for $6.75 Million https://decrypt.co/94353/ukraine-daos-flag-nft-sells-for-6-75-million
- Fidelity Charitable Study Insights https://www.fidelitycharitable.org/insights.html
- NFT marketplace https://lithoverse.xyz/
- FLUF World https://www.fluf.world/
- ASM/Non-Fungible Intelligence https://www.alteredstatemachine.xyz/
- BCNZ https://blockchain.org.nz/
The BCNZ Pod:
Media & Sponsorship Enquires:
Recorded at blockheight 740812. The BCNZ Podcast was founded in 2022 by Jeff Nijsse and Bryan Ventura.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.