Liz Izmailova is a Ukrainian New Zealander that has been working in blockchain for the past five years, she is a marketing manager at CENNZnet which is part of the Centrality ecosystem.
In this conversation we talk about:
- Financial Inclusion and the monetary situation in Ukraine, both before the war and presently.
- Ukraine has been ranked 4th in global per capita crypto adoption by Chainalysis and are likely the first to have a government directly accept crypto donations and provide transparency on where those donations are going.
- We cover a lot in the crypto-donation space in general, and some local New Zealand based projects.
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:06 Ukrainian background, financial independence and entrepreneurship at an early age, coming to New Zealand
- 05:20 Financial privilege in the West
- 10:45 Crypto donations and the currency situation in Ukraine
- 16:07 New crypto legislation in Ukraine
- 20:04 War donation transparency
- 24:02 FlufWorld F*ck the War campaign & Universe.xyz
- 29:29 How are NFTs helping?
- 33:40 Crypto & NFTs for gen-Z'ers
- 36:35 Crypto friendly New Zealand charities
- 40:15 How can BCNZ help with education?
- 42:25 Rapid fire
- 44:37 fin
Some notes from the show:
The BCNZ Pod:
Media & Sponsorship Enquires:
Recorded at blockheight 740812. The BCNZ Podcast was founded in 2022 by Jeff Nijsse and Bryan Ventura.