Jit Maharaj is a former commercial pilot turned crypto co-founder of Pay it Now, a payments network that uses a custom layer 2 built on the Binance smart chain (now BNB) that makes it easy for merchants and businesses to accept cryptocurrency payments. Jit is also a long time web developer, an Ethereum miner, and a Solana critic.
In this conversation we talk about:
- Payments networks and providers,
- Building on the Binance smart chain
- Customer rewards programs and creating a token
- Regulation in the crypto space in New Zealand
- $20k bitcoin, and being a pilot.
- 00:00 intro
- 01:18 what is PayItNow?
- 03:25 fixing gas fees
- 09:56 what's a layer 2?
- 13:33 how does a merchant onboard?
- 18:00 on bridging tokens
- 19:53 why token? (&safemoon)
- 25:18 competition with bitpay/stripe/shopify/solana
- 30:33 regulation in NZ crypto
- 35:28 $20k bitcoin? and market activity
- 40:05 cofounder story flying 737s
- 44:45 BCNZ in the industry
- 45:36 rapid fire
- 49:31 fin
Some notes from the show:
The BCNZ Pod:
Media & Sponsorship Enquires:
Recorded at blockheight 742914. The BCNZ Podcast was founded in 2022 by Jeff Nijsse and Bryan Ventura.