Steve Vallas is the managing director of Blockchain APAC, previous CEO of Blockchain Australia, and an all around Linkedin Wizard.
Steve came to Auckland to meet with industry discussing aligning incentives and shared interests between Australia and New Zealand.
In this conversation we touch on the scam narrative within crypto, how it has affected the nft space, and crytpo marketing, and of course regulation and where we're at in Asia Pacific.
01:30 Southern Hemisphere Perspectives
10:26 ICO hangover & NFTs
20:35 supply chains
29:39 crypto marketing bros
41:14 lessons from Singapore
52:57 blockchain orgs
Some notes from the show:
- doodles pivot https://www.fastcompany.com/90783396/doodles-domination-how-a-1-year-old-nft-project-turned-into-the-next-big-thing
- opensea https://opensea.io/
- magiceden https://magiceden.io/
- blur https://blur.io/
- starkware https://starkware.co/
- nftfest aus https://nftfest.com.au/
- MiCA European Crypto Assets https://cointelegraph.com/news/eu-mica-crypto-regulation-is-a-balancing-act-paris-blockchain-week-2023
- BIS's Carstens says fiat has lost https://insidebitcoins.com/news/bis-head-crypto-has-lost-the-battle-against-fiat-currencies
- Singapore crypto ad restrictions https://archive.ph/FKD5Y
- Singapore's Regulatory Sandbox https://www.mas.gov.sg/development/fintech/regulatory-sandbox
- Twitter https://twitter.com/stevevallas
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/stevevallas/
The BCNZ Pod:
- Website https://podcast.blockchain.org.nz/
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
The Blockchain New Zealand podcast is brought to you by EasyCrypto
Media & Sponsorship Enquires:
Recorded at blockheight 781595. The BCNZ podcast was founded in 2022 by Jeff Nijsse and Bryan Ventura.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.